THE PORT OF TRURO
Truro Harbour Office, Town Quay, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2HJ
Lay up shipping berths
The River Fal is one of the UK’s most popular mooring locations for laid up tonnage and could not be more suited to the task. The natural deep water, sheltered moorings have historically been used for this purpose and up to 15 ships, depending on size, can be accommodated.
The port offers safe deep water lay-up berths for shipping of all types and sizes in a fantastic sheltered location on Cornwall’s south coast (UK) close to major shipping lanes. A full range of services are available from nearby Falmouth including bunkers, fresh water, ship chandlers, towage and waste disposal. In terms of re-activation, A&P Falmouth has mobile repair teams available and the ships can also move to their nearby shipyard for more extensive works.
Our River Fal Lay up moorings offer:
- Safe deep water facilities
- Experienced staff
- Berths for vessels up to 190m in length
- Minimal draft restrictions owing to the geological nature of the area
- Short or long term lay up moorings available for all shipping types
- Flexible durations, changes to market demands at short notice
- Transhipment of bulk cargoes possible by gear bulk carriers using lay up berths
- Cost effective weekly rates