NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Cornwall Council (‘the Council’) as statutory harbour authority for Penzance Harbour has exercised its powers under article 35 of the Penzance Harbour Revision Order 2009 to sell, break up or otherwise dispose vessels which have been left in an unserviceable condition, laid by or neglected in Penzance harbour. The below vessels are vessels are being ‘sold as seen’ with no guarantee of general condition or seaworthiness via sealed bids.
The deadline for submitting a bid for any vessel is 23:59 on 21st April 2023.
- Avon Speedrider SR 4.7m with Mercury Engine on trailer
- 14 foot Cabin Motor Boat, GRP, red antifoul below waterline, white hull, white superstructure – on poor condition trailer
- 21 foot sailing vessel, bilge keel, dark blue hull, light blue superstructure, mast in situ
- 21 foot sailing vessel, bilge keel, blue hull, white superstructure, mast in situ
- Sailing vessel ‘Kelly’, possibly a Jaguar 22
- 24 foot sailing vessel CLT, mast in situ
- 22 foot sailing vessel, ‘Out on a Limbo’ lifting keel.
- Wooden catamaran, ‘Balmaiden’ approx. 30 foot in length.
Terms and conditions
- We are not obliged to accept the highest, or any, bid.
- Bids are accepted on the basis that the purchaser will, upon transfer of ownership, remove the vessel concerned from our property within 7 days, unless otherwise agreed to the contrary by the Harbour Master.
- Purchase of an abandoned vessel/obstruction does not guarantee that we will make a mooring available neither does it override the operation of any waiting list that may be in place for moorings or boat storage.
- Bids are accepted on an as is/where is basis.
- Appointments to view are to be made with the Harbour Master, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your sealed bids along with the name of the boat you are bidding for by post to:
Maritime Section, Town Quay, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2HJ